M.Y Films

My photo
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4685593/) - (http://explore.bfi.org.uk/4ce2bccf4474f)

24 December 2009

Blanket of Night - Beeba featuring Jameson (2009)

Blanket of Night - Beeba feat. Jameson (DVCAM) (2009) from M.Y Films on Vimeo.



STOP THE PRESS!

I recently found out that Blanket of Night was selected for the BBC Music Video Festival 2010 =D Well chuffed with this news!! When me and Beeba paid the BBC a visit they told us that they used our video for a music video making masterclass =D

Beeba on the BBC BIG Screen
Blanket of Night on Europe's largest digital screen at the BBC.


Me + B + DALEK @ BBC
Me, Beeba and our new mate on our guided tour of the BBC Studio.


Jameson - PC Screen @ BBC
Behind the scenes at the BBC with Jameson and Blanket of Night.


Please watch the video first - SPOILERS AHEAD!

I had never seen a music video where each line of the song was filmed at a different location - so I thought I'd give it a go!

My original plan was to film it indoors and outdoors all over East Anglia, London and other nearby places, but due to various problems and issues, I finally decided on filming it solely outdoors in Suffolk, which I think made the video a lot more personal to myself, Beeba and Jameson as we all grew up here.

I didn't want it to be simply East Anglian picture postcard locations, I wanted places that ranged from nice to scummy to visually interesting to places that meant something to all 3 of us and I wanted it to be lit solely by the sun.

The video was filmed over 9 days in the summer of 2009. However Jameson finished work at about 3pm and Beeba started work at about 6pm! I think we only filmed for 2 full days (11am to 7pm) and we also had to factor in driving from location to location, waiting for the sun to appear from behind clouds and also for the general public to get out of the way!

Beeba and Jameson are two close friends of mine so the filming was more like a mini holiday than work. I've also included the outtakes to show you what went on behind the scenes and to show you the laugh we had making it. Everytime I watch this I want it to be hot and sunny again =)

Finally, if anyone can name every single location in the video then there's a special prize just for you.

For more of Beeba's music go to: https://soundcloud.com/beeba

For more of Jameson's music go to: https://soundcloud.com/jay-jameson

2009 (C) M.Y FIlms/Beeba/Jameson



Standard Definition version of the video with outtakes at the end





No comments:

Post a Comment